Speed Lecture Award 2022
BIONNALE is the biggest networking event for life sciences and healthcare industries in the German capital region. In 2022 over 1.100 participants from 50 countries took the opportunity to stay informed with the latest developments in life sciences and to identify, engage and start strategic relationships during networking sessions and matchmaking event. 450 of them were on site in the Urania Berlin.
A traditional highlight of the BIONNALE is the Speed Lecture Award. This year seven finalists competed. They came from renowned institutes such as Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung (BAM), Technische Universität Berlin, Hannover Medical School and Hasso Plattner Institute.
The moderators were finalists of former Speed Lecture Awards: Magdalena Zaslona from Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces Potsdam and Ian Stewart from Max Delbrück Center.
After each pitch of the finalists, the audience was allowed to award up to 10 stars and finally the winners were determined:
- Johanna Kusnick: Turning up the heat on liver cancer; Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Jan Ole Kaufmann: Molecular imaging of cardiovascular diseases - Looking for ticking time bombs inside us; Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin & Bundesanstalt für Materialforschung und -prüfung BAM
- Mania Ackermann: Mass production of innovative immune cells from human induced pluripotent stem cells for modern medicine; Hannover Medical School
Partner of the Award is vfa bio. vfa bio is committed to harnessing the medical and economic potential of biotechnology and making Germany the leading biotechnology location in Europe.
“Three points to describe the Speed Lecture Award 2022: Great young scientists, convincing presentations and a lot of fun!!! I’m happy that vfa bio is partner of this award which helps to make science understandable and „touchable“. Looking forward to the upcoming years.”
Dr. Sabine Sydow, Head of vfa bio
- Watch the whole record of BIONNALE 2022: https://berlin-partner-veranstaltungen.de/index.php?logincode=BIONNALE22
- vfa bio: https://www.vfa-bio.de